Job: Senior Strategist
Contagious is for marketers seeking a competitive edge through creativity and innovation.
Through annual memberships and advisory unit, our creative and strategic intelligence interrogates the world's most exceptional marketing and disruptive trends to help brands achieve winning ideas. Fast.
We are a small, but fast-growing company and have offices in London, New York, Singapore and Sao Paulo. We work with global brands, creative agencies, start-ups, governments and organisations who embrace transformational change and the power of creativity. Our clients include; Nike, Heineken, Ogilvy and more.
We're looking for a Senior Strategist to join our advisory unit in our New York office.
Role purpose: To advise brand marketing executives on creative effectiveness and innovation. Working as part of the advisory team, you’ll use your experience and knowledge in tandem with Contagious research, tools and services to provide our clients with the insight and inspiration they need to create more effective work. You’ll build their organisation’s capability and improve how they collaborate with their creative partners.
There will also be opportunities to contribute to other parts of the business such as writing for Contagious Magazine, speaking at our events (eg. Most Contagious), and delivering Contagious briefings around the world.
Specifically, the role involves:
- Advising clients on creativity in marketing and how it pertains to positive business outcomes such as growth
- Interviewing client stakeholders to identify where their challenges really lie
- Developing and delivering solutions that meet the specific needs of our client’s marketing communities
- Contributing to Contagious editorial and content teams with thought-leadership
- Using Contagious content and research to enable those solutions and to drive change
- Presenting Contagious content, case studies and trends to clients, facilitating workshops and delivering training sessions
- Representing and promoting Contagious at industry events, in guest articles
- Acting as an ambassador for the company at all times
Research and Analysis
- Identifying where challenges lie for clients and explaining their implications
- Understanding the dynamics and wider context within the client business, and which internal levers will generate change
- Understanding what to prioritise and where to focus
- Understand and harness various research tools and methods at your disposal to know about market trends, competitors and industry news that can help educate, inform and advise internal teams along + clients
- Empathetic mindset and excellent listening skills with an ability to understand and handle multiple stakeholders
- Exceptional and clear one-to-one communication with clients at all times so that they are both inspired and motivated
- Super communication skills when presenting to or facilitating with larger audiences
- Helping to develop compelling, relevant proposals
- Able to construct innovative and pertinent solutions in response to client/agency briefs
- Scoping project requirements
- Taking responsibility for on-time delivery of the project
- Liaising with Contagious colleagues in order to deliver with impact and contribute to an exceptional client experience
Key Performance Indicators
- Client satisfaction: setting and meeting their expectations
- Meeting deadlines so that all projects run smoothly
- Helping to grow the client base for the advisory team
Skills / Knowledge / Quals
- Roughly 5+ years experience in strategy, planning, brand management or capability
- A curious and analytical mind
- An appetite for knowledge staying abreast of the cutting edge actions and theories taking place with advertising around the globe
- Advanced knowledge of the advertising, marketing and media ecosystem
- Team player
- Exceptional presentation and facilitation skills
- Industry qualifications with IPA / APG / CIM etc looked upon favourably
- Second European language looked upon favourably
- Management experience and skills would be beneficial
- Experience of writing for industry titles
To apply, please send a covering email and your CV to Amar Chohan (email@example.com)